Tuesday, January 17, 2012

And so it begins.

My name is Dan, I am a small man with extraordinary amounts of energy. I am a spaz. I have a pink collar job and love every minute of it. I get to cook for my friends and family everyday. I get to light things on fire, play with knives and yell loudly. My employees are as close to me as my family. We get to hang out all day and create what we want with food, then we eat it. All of it.

I am blessed.

My heart is super glued to the restaurant business. The hard work, long hours and stress all but disappear in my mind when I think that everyday, I am creating a moment for people to get together and have actual conversation, experiencing something that I poured my heart into. 

This pseudo-restaurant journal / blog will be a place for many things. It will have more than one author. It will be a place to share the love and excitement that I have always felt with cooking, with you. 

So with many more introductions, histories and inspirations on the horizon, I would like to announce the next big chapter at 1201 Kitchen-where we can share a little more of what we love, with you..everyday.

The excitement of the being in the kitchen is unmatched. The crazy composed ballet of dinner service is second to none in my book, where a behind the scenes look will really bring you in to our world. We have started to remodel our kitchen to accommodate a small "chef's table" bar and a large communal, "farm style" table to host parties and diners interested in something a little different. You will be able to sit "inside" the kitchen, watching the hustle and bustle of dinner service, plates being composed, with an up close and personal perspective on what goes on in our kitchen!

The details will unfold over the next few weeks, with future installments of this journal being about some of the really fun design elements we are incorporating into our open kitchen.

This is the start of a beautiful thing. I am looking forward to cooking for you in my kitchen.


-from the kitchen with love,

            dan kern



2 comments:

  1. Rock on Dan. I love this idea! I'm not in Kansas anymore! xoxoMary

    ReplyDelete
  2. please teach us the ways of pickling veggies

    ReplyDelete